We are able to Register and Title your boat which is similar to registering or titling a car. Both registrations and titles are issued by the PA Fish & Boat Commission.
Boats that must be registered:
- Any boat powered by a gasoline, diesel or electric motor.
- Vessels documented by the U.S. Coast Guard for recreational purposes. Documented vessels are large pleasure boats, such as yachts.
- Boats, such as sailboats, that use gasoline, diesel, or electric motors for auxiliary power.
- Unpowered boats require a launch permit for any PA waterway. 1 or 2 year permits are available.
- New: We are able to issue temporary registrations. This will allow the boat to be used while the permanent registration is being processed. The application form becomes the temporary registration.
- Renewals: Boat registrations are renewed on a 2-year cycle and expire on March 31 of the 2nd year. The Commission will send a renewal card to the registered owner of the boat before expiration.
All Boat Registration Renewals are processed via messenger service and take 3-5 business days to process.
Any boat purchased, transferred or sold, must be titled if the boat is:
- Powered by an inboard motor, including personal watercraft, 1997 model year or newer.
- Powered by an outboard motor, 14 feet or longer, 1997 model year or newer.
- Currently titled in Pennsylvania.
- Currently titled in another state when Pennsylvania becomes the state of primary use.
Once a boat is titled, it must remain titled by all future owners.